Sunday 30 January 2011

Fact-Paik

This piece by Nam June Paik hold's two points of interest for me. First its meditative, electric, trance and ambient feel absorbed me whilst simultaneously grabbing my attention and relaxing me. I first stood alone on the out skirts of the room watching it's colours and shapes I felt that this experience was one that left you feeling cold. It wasn't until I went back for a second time did I realise that it was more of an interactive piece where I could stand or lay under it and be absorbed within it. The mixture of nature and technology is interesting and it's something that reminded me of Olafur Eliasson's Weather Project. They share the same electric nature and hypnotic feel and with both I was able to lay there and have them wash over me for extended periods. The second aspect that I found interesting on reflection was it's links to maths and its geometrical shapes and how pure and clean that can be.


No comments:

Post a Comment